Restoration and mounting of a 1955 Lockheed T-33 jet trainer to commemorate the Westchester County Airport’s military origin. The airport was opened in 1943 as a military base to protect New York City from Axis bombing raids. The T-33’s flew out of Westchester in the 1950’s when the airport was home to the 105th Air National Guard Squadron. The jet was disassembled, restored and painted in the original Air National Guard colors, then covered in a protective clear coat and modified for mounting. The Korean War era fighter currently sits atop a pylon to welcome travelers who use the airport’s main entrance.