Looking to join a growing company, a good culture, and a fun team? Lothrop Associates Architects is hiring a Proposal Writer. This person will be responsible for assisting with architecture and design RFPs (Request for Proposals) for projects ranging from colleges, hospitals, housing authorities, hotels, country clubs, libraries, recreation + parks, historical sites, and more. Must be detail oriented, a strong project manager, and able to engage with stakeholders across the company.
As an integral member of the Lothrop Associates team, the proposal writer will be responsible for assisting with the design, execution, and production of simple to complex proposal submissions. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to proposal requests as well as executing general marketing tasks. This role requires strong writing skills, organization skills, creative thinking, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams under multiple deadlines and time constraints.
About Lothrop Associates
Established in 1967, Lothrop Associates Architects is a full-service architectural and interior design firm. With our long history, we offer our clients highly personalized service backed by comprehensive technical resources and experience. We pride ourselves on being considerate, flexible, “hands on” and listening to our clients, understanding their design goals, planning objectives, budget and time constraints. This is best illustrated through the number of repeat commissions we receive as we strive to find the correct balance of appropriate design with affordable solutions. Our long-term client relationships demonstrate a history of successful projects. Lothrop Associates Architects has extensive experience completing over 2,600 commissions, investigations/assessments, feasibility studies, master plans, space planning, interior design, traditional architectural services, program management and construction administration.
● Develop initial responses that outline the company’s position, approach, methodology and solution for each proposal.
● Collaborate with subject matter experts, company partners and architects, operations, and other stakeholders to gather necessary information and insights.
● Conduct thorough research to understand the requirements, objectives, and expectations of each proposal.
● Create compelling and persuasive content that effectively communicates the value proposition and differentiators of our approach and solutions.
● Collaborate with assigned proposal writers/content developers and management team members to refine and construct initial proposal drafts.
● Review and edit proposals for clarity, coherence, grammar, and adherence to proposal requirements.
● Support the marketing department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, and content marketing.
● Architectural/engineering company experience is a plus, but not required. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team member who is a quick learner, able to keep up in a fast-paced environment, and asks questions to develop a deep understanding of the industry and organization.
● Project management experience and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Being familiar with project management software is also an asset.
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
● 1-3 years of experience in marketing
● Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
● Working knowledge on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
● Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
Lothrop Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws or regulations. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types: Bonus opportunities
Experience: Proposal writing or marketing in the A/E/C Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
All correspondence should be sent directly to Jackie Graziano at firstname.lastname@example.org